Tradition

alte Aufnahme der Transporter von Gillen & Garçon

For every type of move, we have the solution to match.

In 1899 Charles Garçon and Bernd Gillen founded the Eifel-based company Gillen & Garcon. The manpower of the company consisted of up to 8 men with four horses and coaches. A removal using horsepower would remain the standard until 1934. Then a Deutz tractor with seven horsepower took over service. Nevertheless, the first four horses initially remained in service.

With the opening of the Trier-Cologne railway, Gillen & Garcon recognized the potential of transporting by rail and consequently in 1925 expanded into the rail freight-forwarding business.

After the complete destruction that took place during World War II and the successful reconstruction of the company, Gillen & Garcon dealt in different business areas including the sale of building materials, industrial gases, the distribution of beverages, as well as removal and freight forwarding services.

After the takeover of the business by Mr Hans-Georg Schäfer in 1964, Gillen & Garcon concentrated on two core businesses: freight forwarding and logistics, including moving overseas shipments, which was done primarily for the U.S. Military.

Constant changes in the removal business has meant that the current owners, Kurt Schaefer and Martina Borges, have restructured the operation to the present modern and efficient logistics company.